Sunday, November 30, 2014

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Review

I am always looking for the next best thing. As I mentioned in my last post, I still haven't found my "holy grail" foundation, and I am always on the lookout. I find makeup reviews very helpful, but I always feel like a piece of key information that I want is missing. SO, I am going to review my current foundation in hopes of helping anyone who is considering buying this foundation.

About my skin: My skin is very dry on my chin and around my mouth, but oily on my nose. I have red spotting from acne on my chin, and large pores on my nose that can unfortunately look textured with certain foundations. I also have rosacea and freckles on my cheeks, with dark circles under my eyes.


Foundation: NARS sheer glow foundation
Color: Mont Blanc
Purchased at Sephora for $45.00


PROS:
I love the consistency and the color options. Its silky and sheer (as I'm sure you guessed from the name) and it blends flawlessly into your skin. I love that the color perfectly matches my skin because it means that I don't have to cover my entire face with it. Additionally, the fact that it is sheer allows it to be build-able without looking cakey. I usually apply two thin layers (one after another) to achieve medium coverage.

CONS:
I was having my makeup done for a wedding and the makeup artist accidentally pulled the cap instead of twisting it. As a result, the inside part of the cap broke, and some of my foundation leaked out. Now I have to rubber band saran wrap around the lid so it doesn't spill (you can purchase a pump for $6.00 which is nice, but I think that it should come with one).

Another thing that I do not like about this foundation is that it settles into the dry patches on my chin. I find that this makes my foundation look cakey only on my chin, and everywhere else looks normal.  Despite this, through trial and error I have realized that this is worse when I use a beauty blender, VS my urban decay foundation brush.

It doesn't last like I was hoping it would. Im not sure if it has something to do with the way it settles into my dry spots, but I find that it looks the worst on my chin after a few hours. I can see my acne spots showing through, and overall, it just looks dry and gross. I have found that this doesn't happen as bad when I use it with the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, which is good.

Overall: I love the way it applies and blends perfectly on my face (except on my chin). I wouldn't recommend it to people with very dry skin, or very bad acne because although the coverage is build-able, it doesn't last all day. I find that my acne starts to show through after a couple of hours. BUT, I have found that the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer keeps it on much better than some of the other primers I have tried (I.E Napoleon, Laura Mercier, Benefit, Bare Minerals). I really like this foundation, and I feel that it would look amazing on someone who doesn't have dry skin, or acne. Unfortunately this isn't my "holy grail" foundation... and so my search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment